Third Party Websites: Some pages on the UKAM web platform include may include links to third-party websites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and UKAM is not responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third-party websites should review the privacy statements of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Information Required: When registering for a UKAM Account or activating or using any of the UKAM Services, you must provide your name, address, phone number, the details of your identification document, and email address. To make payments or donations through the UKAM Services, you must provide (where applicable) your bank details. We may also ask you to choose different security questions to answer.
We will also require other commercial and/or identification information if you send high payment volumes through the UKAM Services, or as is otherwise required in order for us to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under European law.
Information About You From Third Parties: In order to protect all our customers against potential fraud, we may need to verify the information you provide with Payment Partners and/or Credit Reference and Fraud Agencies. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you connect a debit or credit card or register a bank account connected with UKAM account, we will use card authorisation and fraud screening services to verify that your bank or card information and address match the information you supplied to bitFlyer, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
UKAM, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to periodically retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit reference or a fraud agency for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process.
Website Traffic Information: Because of the way Internet communication standards work, when you arrive at or leave the UKAM website, we automatically receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our website.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and UKAM Services.
Communications: When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes (e.g., by emails, phone calls, tweets, etc.), we retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your account.
Questionnaires, Surveys, Sweepstakes and Profile Data: From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires, surveys and sweepstakes to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users’ interests and needs. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires, surveys, and sweepstakes, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey, questionnaire or sweepstake.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Internal Uses: We collect, store and process your information on servers located in the European Union. Our primary purpose in collecting your information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Process transactions and provide the UKAM Services;
- Verification of your identity;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Manage risks, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- Provide you with customer support services;
- Improve the UKAM Services by customising your user experience;
- Measure the performance of the UKAM Services and improve content and layout;
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- Questionnaires, Sweepstakes, Surveys and Profile Data: If you choose to answer our optional questionnaires or surveys, we may use such information to improve UKAM Services, send you marketing or advertising information, manage the sweepstakes, or as otherwise explained in detail in the survey itself.
Our Contact with UKAM Customers: We communicate with our users on a regular basis via email and chats to provide requested services. We may also communicate with our users by phone to:
- Resolve customer complaints or claims made by users;
- Respond to requests for customer service;
- Inform users if we believe their accounts or any of their transactions have been used for an illegitimate purpose;
- Confirm information concerning a user’s identity, business or account activity;
- Carry out collection activities;
- Conduct customer surveys; and
- Investigate suspicious transactions.
We use your email or physical address to confirm your UKAM account, to send you notice of payments that you send or receive through UKAM, to send you information about important changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
We also use your email address to send you other types of communications that you can control, including “news”, “customer surveys” and “notice of special third-party promotions”. You can choose whether to receive some, all, or none of these communications when you complete the registration process, or at any time thereafter, by logging in to your account and then selecting settings, and updating your communicational preferences.
In connection with independent audits of our financial statements and operations, the auditors may seek to contact a sample of our customers to confirm that our records are accurate. However, these auditors cannot use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise the UKAM Services. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, or to participate in our ad-customization programs, simply update your preferences.
UKAM does not tolerate spam. We strictly enforce our Anti-Spam Policy. To report spam to UKAM, please contact us.
How We Share Information with Other Third Parties
You acknowledge that local legislation may require UKAM to disclose personal information, specifically, you consent to and direct UKAM to do any and all of the following with your information:
- Disclose necessary information to: the police and other law enforcement agencies; security forces; competent governmental, intergovernmental or supranational bodies; competent agencies, departments, regulatory authorities, self-regulatory authorities or organisations (including, without limitation, the Agencies referenced in the “Agencies” section of the Third Party Provider List here) and other third parties, that (i) we are legally compelled and permitted to comply with, the Law of England and Wales and the Laws of the European Union; (ii) we have reason to believe it is appropriate for us to cooperate with governmental agencies or payment or processing partners in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity or potential illegal activity, or (iii) to conduct investigations of violations of our User Agreement (including without limitation, your funding source or credit or debit card provider).
- Disclose necessary information in response to the requirements of the credit card associations or a civil or criminal legal process.
- Disclose necessary information to the payment processors, auditors, customer services providers, credit reference and fraud agencies, financial products providers, commercial partners, marketing and public relations companies, operational services providers, group companies, agencies, marketplaces and other third parties listed here. The purpose of this disclosure is to allow us to provide UKAM Services to you. We also set out in the list of third parties, under each Category, some non-exclusive examples of the actual third parties (which may include their assigns and successors) to whom we currently disclose your Account Information or to whom we may consider disclosing your Account Information, together with the purpose of doing so, and the actual information we disclose (except as explicitly stated, these third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information was shared).
- Disclose necessary information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- Disclose aggregated statistical data with our business partners or for public relations. For example, we may disclose that a specific percentage of our users live in a certain city. However, this aggregated information is not tied to personal information.
- Share necessary Account Information with unaffiliated third parties (listed here) for their use for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Shipping: in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using UKAM.
- Legal & Compliance: anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
Cross Border Transfers of your Information
UKAM is committed to adequately protecting your information regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for your information if your data is transferred outside of the EEA.
UKAM is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
The security of your UKAM account also relies on your protection of your UKAM password. You may not share your UKAM password with anyone. Our representatives will never ask you for your password, so any email or other communication requesting your password should be treated as unauthorised and suspicious and forwarded to us. If you do share your password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you will be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account and changing your Profile settings, and also contact us right away.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review the personal information you have provided us and make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings for your UKAM account, at any time by logging in to your account on our website or mobile App. If you close your account, we will mark your account in our database as “Closed”, but will keep your Account Information in our database for a period of six months at which point all information stored on you will be destroyed in accordance with the GDPR. However, if you close your account, your personally identifiable information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement authorities, or as required by law.